Search Details

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

FAQs - Postal Dispatch and Tracking

Q1:What is the mode for dispatch of passport?
A:The passport is dispatched by India Post through Speed Post to the present address of the applicant.
Q2:Can I personally collect my passport from the Regional Passport Office (RPO) once it is prepared?
A:Passport can be collected by the applicant personally over the counter at the RPO only in case of urgency. Applicant will be required to submit an application, stating the reason for urgency, to the respective RPO for same. However the final decision about delivery of passport over the counter is vested with the concerned Regional Passport Officer.
Q3:The status on the website says that my passport has been "Dispatched/ Delivered". But I haven't received it yet. What should I do?
A:We request you to check the delivery status of your passport through India Post's Speed Post Tracking Utility. Based on the displayed status, you may contact the respective speed post center or your nearest Speed Post center to confirm the current status of your consignment. In case the Speed Post authorities are unable to locate your passport consignment or they have returned your passport consignment to the sender then please contact the respective Regional Passport Office for further assistance.
Q4:Do I need to be personally present to collect the passport from the postman or any of my family members can collect it on my behalf?
A:It is advisable that the applicant himself collect the passport from the postman. In case of absence of the applicant, it is at the discretion of the postman to hand over the envelope to some family member of the applicant by checking their/applicant's ID proof or to return the passport to the issuing Regional Passport Office.
Q5:The postal authorities have sent my passport back to the Regional Passport Office (RPO) due to my unavailability at my present address. How can I request the RPO to dispatch my passport again?
A:As your passport has been returned undelivered, we request you to contact the respective RPO and submit an application so that the passport may be dispatched again. Please also enclose the proof of the present address along with the application. Passport Office may also demand some additional proofs as per the reason for non-delivery provided by India Post.
Q6:My passport application is under processing and in the meanwhile my present address has changed. What is the procedure to update my address in the submitted passport application?
A:As per the process passport is dispatched to the present address mentioned in the passport application form. We request you to submit an application at your respective Regional Passport Office (RPO) to update your present address. Please carry your present address proof along with a request letter while visiting the RPO. RPO may decide accordingly taking into consideration the facts placed before him.
Q7:I have received someone else's passport through speed post? Please suggest what should I do?
A:Please immediately surrender the passport at your respective Regional Passport Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment